A two-day event, which included the kick off meeting of the LIFE CAT4HEAVY and a press conference, was held by the Municipality of Galatsi at the Cultural Center “Kaminini” on the 5th and 6th of July 2018.The Municipality of Galatsi, coordinator of the LIFE CAT4HEAVY project, is the only Greek Municipality that was funded by the LIFE 2017 programme.
The Municipality is particularly active in promoting a clean and environmentally friendly city every day and strongly believes in the LIFE CAT4HEAVY project as a valuable tool to promote sustainable mobility and to improve the quality of life in Galatsi. The Municipality is also strongly committed in promoting the environmental impact of the LIFE CAT4HEAVY project among citizens and the press day of the 6th of July 2018 represented the first opportunity to do so.
During the press day, Dr. Iakovos Yakoumis from MONOLITHOS company and the Mayor of Galatsi George Markopoulos gave speeches on the LIFE CAT4HEAVY project and its objectives of. Several institutional representatives attended the event:
- the Deputy Councilor of European Programs and Municipal Councilor Mr. John Sklirakis;
- the Deputy Mayor of Finance of the Municipality of Galatsi Mr Vasilis Dreddinis;
- the Deputy Mayor of Environment and Quality of Life Mr. Kostas Bastas;
- the Deputy Mayor of Education Mr. Manos Eleftheriou;
- the Chief Financial Officer Ms Eleni Printzou;
- the Head of the Department of Cleaning and Recycling Panayiota Tzanetaki;
- the Head of Vehicle Management and Maintenance Department Mr. Vassiliki Raniou;
- the Director of Administrative Services Ioulia Vatrakokoili and the employee of the Programming;
- Organization and Informatics Department, responsible for European programs Mr. Dimitris Anagnostopoulos.